Most Wanted

(Before reading)

It's been a while since I did one of these, but I feel obligated this week. It's one of those issues that you're both simultaneously anticipating and dreading. Part of me is kind of sad now that I'm holding it in my hands, but as long as it's a well-written and satisfying conclusion, I shouldn't worry too much.


Y: The Last Man #60
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan
Pencils: Pia Guerra

(After reading)

I thought I would write up a typical non-review outlining what I liked about the issue. Y'know? Like I usually do? Just kind of free-form describe it without spoiling too much. I knew that dancing around spoilers in a series long wrap-up issue like this one would make it a little tricky, but I thought I'd figure something out and just wing it.

But, I just finished it and really don't feel like writing about it in any depth.

I'll just say this:
Brian K. Vaughan? You made me cry. I'm actually bawling right now. Big snotty tears. If that's what you intended, mission accomplished you bastard!

Most Wanted Panel:

(Actually, it's easily one of the best single issues of anything I've read in a long time. I really can't heap enough praise on it, and I predict it's going to have all kinds of award nominations at the end of the year. It's utterly fantastic.

But you really must have followed the complete run from the beginning to fully understand how fuckin' brilliant it is. Highly, highly recommended.)

1 comment:

Sea-of-Green said...

You know, I saw this on the comic shelves yesterday, and I had to fight myself to keep from picking it up, because Mr. Sea and I have only been reading the trades. But the final trade isn't going to be released until JUNE!!! ARRRRGGHHH!!!