Most Wanted

This week's haul was not nearly as massive as last week's was, and I was able to narrow down my most anticipated issues to only two books. And under normal conditions, Grant Morrison writing a Joker story would be a no-brainer, but not this week.

Not a chance.

Behold! Oh, Fleshy Ones!

Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. #12
Warren Ellis
Stuart Immonen

I was standing in the store holding this and thought, "If the last panel of this issue doesn't have the Nextwave gang breaking the fourth wall and flipping off the reader, I'm gonna be a little upset."

Well, I doesn't have that, but it does have two reveals that are so frecin' AWESOME that the dial goes to 11. Or 12, probably. Seriously, this thing is INSANE! And in the best possible way.

Not to spoil anything, but this wraps up (of course) the gang's infiltration of the H.A.T.E. / S.I.L.E.N.T. super-base and dealing with the bosses who have been in charge of everything since the first issue. That's it in a nutshell, but like every issue of Nextwave, the Devil's in the details. (You see what I did there?) Before it's all over (ARRGGHHH!), we get The Captain kicking balls, a 6-foot champagne flute, a Monica smirk that screams "Yep. You're fucked.", and Machine Man making with the sexy. And lots of 'splosions. Lots and lots of 'splosions.

I can't believe it's over. Kind of, anyway (I know, I know). Hell of a ride. Hell of an ending.

Most Wanted Panel:

Compute This!

(This isn't, of course, the panel that should be here.. but I'm keeping this thing spoiler free. You're welcome)

No comments: