Pack Smash!

So, I picked up a copy of the digest version of Marvel Adventures: Hulk / Powerpack on the cheap (read: free) the other day at my LCS's anniversary sale. And, while it's no Marvel Adventures: Anything Written by Jeff Parker, it's a pretty fun li'l read. It'll make a great stocking stuffer for when the Roller Girl's li'l monster comes to visit. Why, parts of it are gosh-darn adorable....

For 'zample:


Jack outsmarts Dr. Banner!


GIVE HULK CANDY!


Katie-Hulk!

Ahem... KATIE-HULK!!!


A story title joke SOMEONE should've done before.
(man, that's funny. Or, it's just me.)

But, to my mind, all of this goodness pales in comparison to the book's climatic battle between the Hulk and the Avengers! The big buildup leading to the colossal smackdown! The absolute battle royale that, even though we've seen it a hundred times before, always kicks us square in the gamma-fueled gonads of justice!

(Hey! I just channeled the Tick! Spoon!)

Ready?

That's freggin' awesome, right there! Part of me wishes it could go on for several panels.

Oh, what the heck...



*Sigh* That's good stuff!

4 comments:

Tristan Sandnes said...

Is katie-Hulk Jewish?

Sea-of-Green said...

So, is that Giant Man's finger holding the Hulk STILL while the other pound him?

*Snicker!*

FoldedSoup said...

Exactly. Isn't it great?!?

SallyP said...

I keep hearing about how good this book is, and I keep forgetting to try it.

But that panel is simply GOLD!