Vacation Over. Booo!

...and we're back! I hope everyone had as fun of a holiday as I did! Great stinky camping fun with the doggies! And boy! Did we have a good time, despite the 100 degree heat we had to endure. You know it's going to be a hot day when you wake up at 8am soaked with sweat because of the smelting heat! And Wow! Was swimming in that ice-cold mountain stream fun! Genital-shrinking fun, but fun nonetheless!

When I got home, my good good friend TiVo recorded bunches of shows for me to go through, including two episodes from the new season of Doctor Who! Whoo-Hoo! Man, is that show fantastic! I was only a glancing fan of this show from the Tom Baker days, but this modern take has completely converted me. If you're not watching it already, give it a shot. It's infectious fun.

Plus, there was a big ol' pile of comics waiting for me! I stopped off at my LCS directly on my way home from the campsite.. the doggies had to wait in the car while I went inside to sort through them all. And any week that gives me a Runaways, Y: The Last Man, and All-Star Superman makes me glad that I skipped the Most Wanted this week. I couldn't pick a favorite out of that selection. Boy, this was a great week for comics!

And the covers! Between AS Superman and Runaways.. wow! Two of the best covers of the year! But, I gotta say, something struck me after perusing the Superman cover, though. Something seemed not quite right...

Hmmm.. maybe I'm looking into it too much but.. well, after that horrible tentacle bondage cover a few weeks ago.. I can't help but look beyond the surface and notice all of the undertones. Implicit or not. Find all the symbolism. It's what you're supposed to do, apparently!

Actually, it's obvious really. I mean, here's Superman - bound, helpless, strapped to a rocket, which is obviously a giant exploding phallic metaphor. At least every time it's used in comics it is! Everybody knows that!

So we've got the world's most powerful male - helpless, emasculated, tied to a giant misshapen penis and about to "explode." Tell me something's not right with that scenario! I know it makes me uncomfortable!

Well, never being one to point out a problem without offering a solution, I thought I'd take a stab at fixing it:

I've had dreams like this. Never you mind.
Ahhhhh.... Much better.

(Tee hee.
)

Thought I was serious for a second, didn't you? HAHAHA!

Happy back from vacation to me!

(I kinda like WW's blank stare of horror there. It's fun. Creepy fun, but fun.)

1 comment:

SallyP said...

I hope that you had fun on your vacation. You know, you probably didn't have to look very hard to find a nice bondage picture of Wonder Woman.

I must admit that I think this is one of the best covers ever. The more you look at it, the better it gets.